Site Architecture refers to how you have positioned your pages for Search Engines or people to find. This also talks about how easy it is for a user to find the page by clicking links on the page. The better your architecture, the easier it is for people to get to your money pages faster. So what kind of architecture works best for your site?
At the root of any successful eCommerce business is a powerful, attractive and performing eCommerce Web site. With a lot of new interest in eCommerce, many start-ups are entering the fray – offering everything from services to products to abstract purchases over the net.
I’ve been fielding a lot of the questions recently about requirements for eCommerce websites. This article deals with the Home Page and some of the features on it. Continue reading How to have a Successful Ecommerce Website – Home Page
Getting started with Email List Building
Email Marketing still remains one of the most cost-effective ways of growing your business. This is because in spite of all other means of communication and various channels now available, most of us are still using emails – and they are the cheapest to send out and consume. And as long as our emails escape the spam filter, these are being read.
But before you have a successful email marketing campaign, you need to build an email list. A targeted, laser focused list is truly worth its weight in gold. So how do we go about building an email list? Listed below are a few of the options available to a start up marketer…
Continue reading Building a Colossal Email List for Beginner Marketers
Happy New Year 2015 to you!
Its a brand new year – and we have brand new hopes and aspirations. We also have brand new goals for our careers and our businesses this year.
I wish you the Almighty’s blessings – and every luck in your endeavors !
As the old saying goes, God helps those who help themselves.
The only question is ‘Are you willing to help yourselves?’
Are you willing to do what it takes to really grow your business?
Are you capable of overcoming the fear that is holding you back?
Or the lack of knowledge?
Or the apparent lack of time?
Cliched? —— You bet.
But very much true.
I want you to realize that – No matter what your hurdle, there is always a way! All your hurdles can be overcome – with the right kind of knowledge and the right kind of advice ; at the right time.
Let me get to the crux of this message.
Here is what I want to impress upon you ! With the right tools and the right knowledge, there is nothing that you cannot do in business.
You just have to have faith in yourselves !
If you do, all your problems can be solved.
And the willingness to work your butt off!
It may take resources that you don’t know where to get from; but rest assured, when you face the problem, you will also find the solution.
You must remember that only those who got started – ever finished as successful business-people. Those that got scared before they started, stayed scared lifelong.
So let me ask you this question! Where will you be in 2016?
Will you be successful businessmen earning tons of money from your business ?
Will you still be sitting scared because you foresee so many potential problems?
You may want to get started along the path of entrepreneurship. Or you may already have a business; but not happy with your growth.
Either way, Come and Join us. Whatever you situation or problem, we can together find a solution!
EXPLODE YOUR BUSINESS Meetup Group
I’ve put together a like-minded group of entrepreneurs seeking to share and learn from each other and growing our businesses along the way.
And it’s Free!
We realized that the more we try to help others with their business, the more we grow. The more we are willing to share, the more help we receive.
And there is no better place to share and to receive than our Explode Your Business meetup group. Click this link to join and then , come to our next meetup and see for yourselves.
If you are in Mumbai, our next meetup is on January 10 2015 at Candies, Pali Hill, Bandra West at 4.00 pm.
If you are not in Mumbai, there are entrepreneur self-help groups all over the world. Take advantage of them and grow your business.
Hope to see you there,
PS. If you know someone who can benefit from what we do, please do the kind thing. Forward this URL to them.
As always, we like to know what you think.Express yourselves in the comments below.
First of all, let me wish you a Very Merry Christmas.
May you enjoy the day with gratitude for all the good things in your life – especially, family and friends who have stood by you, and loved you when things may not have been going so well!
I hope you are all enjoying this fabulous day – and spending time with your families.
At the same time, there are a few things I have learnt from the masters and practiced over the past few years – and I wish to share with you. Imbibing some of these ideas are bound to make you more successful and less stressed-out about your daily business life.
Forgive: Today is the day you forgive yourselves for your mistakes of the past year. This is very important for you to move on without any self-doubt of guilt. Learn from your mistakes; but don’t let them weigh you down.
Forget: any embarassing moments or episodes that may have happened in your business or personal life. These things happen – and there isn’t much you can do about them. Laugh at yourselves and move on.
Hug: Hug your family and spend quality time with them. Take them out for a dinner and a movie.
Read: Read some poetry that you enjoy. What you are doing is to let your mind soak in something other than business worries. A different part of your brain is now active compared to the worry zone in your brain.
Solve: Solve a puzzle in the newspaper or online. Again, a different part of your brain becomes active and you will soon be feeling the tingling feeling of freshness come all over you.
Eat: Eat with friends and family. Your emotional brain needs the feeling of peace that comes from sharing a meal with loved ones. Eat your fill. But not more. After all Christmas day is special. Enjoy the meal and be grateful once more for the sumptuous meal.
Drink: Ok, you know what to do with this one.
Sleep: Take a nap. Surprise your brain with some quiet time.
Write Your Goals: This is also the time for you to set goals for the next year. Goals have actual milestones – something you will achieve by a set date. Its a “what” and “a by when”. How is to be answered later, not just now.
It’s also important to write your goal down. When you write it down, its not a whim any more. It is something solid and it exists as an entity. Its now part of this world – and you have to seriously work towards making it come true.
Share: Its not just necessary – but also a good feeling to be charitable. Share what you have in abundance with others who have less. What goes around does always come around. That is an universal law.
Pray: If you are the church going type, then set some time aside for that; if you are not, just find time to kneel and be humble and grateful!
Reward: While buying gifts for others, do not forget to buy something for yourselves. You must reward yourselves for all the hard work this year. And resolve to work harder the coming year…
Content Marketing has become one of the most important ways to find business online. There are a lot of benefits from a properly done Content Marketing Campaign. There are also multiple ways, benefits and channels of running a Content Marketing Campaign. If you are still among those that are still unsure of whether to start content marketing, read on. Here we list out a few of the benefits of content marketing…
Content marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to attract, acquire and engage a clearly defined and understood target audience – with the objective of driving a specific customer action. – Content Marketing Institute
Benefits Of Content Marketing
- Brand Awareness: You get your name out on the Net by providing good content.
- Free stuff is liked by people, hence they read and download your material. The more they download, the more their hunger for more material.
- Content in the form of e-books get shared by readers over email or other means.
- You get brand ambassadors/evangelists for your brand through content marketing.
- You can establish yourselves as a thought leader.
- You establish trust in yourselves and your product.
- Brand Promotion: Your brand name gets promoted wherever your content is present.
- Brand Visibility: Your content does the job a billboard does in the offline world.
- Presell your audience: You can pre-sell your audience with your content. When they encounter your products, they are already convinced about the quality you provide.
- You can establish proof of domain expertise via your content
- You become a Social Authority which leads to far greater sales ( and far Greater Profits).
- You can establish a relationship with your market.
- You can create more engagement with your market.
- You can target your customer with the right content for his stage of awareness.
- You can create customized content to meet the needs of your niche market.
- You can engage with customers at their choice of devices with content marketing.
- You can create inbound traffic to your website.
- You can generate more leads for your business.
- Since Content Marketing sends out your name into the world, it brings in unexpected customers too, often from outside your target market.
- You can increase sales by narrowly targeting focused markets with your content.
- Your website can rank higher on the SERPs due to high amount of incoming links from your syndicated content.
- You can provide advance notice of future products or services via your content.
- You can charge more in comparison to your competition as your Social Authority improves.
- You can create mutually complimentary relationships with other businesses.
- Your content can also interest investors in your business.
- By testing your content closely, you can make changes quickly and learn more about your customers needs.
- In some cases, content marketing raises employee morale – as they blog and their name is attached to the content. These employees then forward the piece to their friends and your business gets more awareness.
- Content Marketing can be used a tool for customer experience improvement.
- Content Marketing can also be an educational tool.
- Content Marketing can be repurposed and reused.
- Content marketing is much cheaper than other forms of Traditional Marketing.
Small Business Mom & Pop Stores are being increasingly pushed out by the big box stores. There is stiff competition for the same customers – and more often than not, it’s the small business that loses out. After putting up a fight, many such small businesses eventually shut shop – unable to fight the big store. But small businesses can and should fight back and reclaim their business. Given below are 15 tips that small businesses can use to fight back.
In the first article on branding, we talked about why its necessary for an entrepreneur to think of branding even before his very first sale.
We talked about branding being important for the business to not to confuse the customer and to make sure that you are not having to create trust anew every single time. Once the customer has bought from you, and the experience has been good, the trust is already created. The business now only has to maintain and carry forward that trust and use it to sell more easily – and here is where the brand contiguity comes in.
A consistent user experience needs to be created within the same session or across multiple interactions and across multiple properties – digital and offline with the company. Continue reading How to increase sales by upto 800% – with a Contiguous Branding Experience.